Why Choose Invisalign?
Invisalign's® invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted. And best of all, no one can tell you're wearing them. Invisalign® is great for adults and teenagers.
While many people dread wearing metal braces, many patients are excited about the prospect of wearing Invisalign invisible braces. It is a popular orthodontic treatment that dentists believe can help a significant portion of patients who have relatively minor orthodontic problems. It is a treatment that’s available at Jeffrey Galler, DDS in Brooklyn, NY. We are also proudly serving patients in the neighborhoods of Midtown and Flatbush in Brooklyn, NY.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the their final position.
- You'll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 - 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 - 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Aligners Made? You'd Be Amazed...
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
The Invisalign Way
Almost everyone wants a perfect, straight and beautiful smile. In fact, A Kelton Global survey discovered that the most positive first impressions occur due to an attractive set of teeth. With Invisalign, crooked or misaligned teeth are straightened using clear plastic trays instead of metal devices. Invisible aligners are as effective as braces in repositioning the teeth to improve the appearance of your smile.
How Does Invisalign Help?
Invisalign aligner trays are designed to gently force your teeth to conform to their shape over a specific period of time—usually six to 12 months. Once the first tray does its job, it’s time to wear the next one—this process continues every two weeks or so. After your Brooklyn, NY dentist confirms that the treatment is complete, you’ll use the final aligner tray as your retainer every night while sleeping.
Why Do People Prefer Invisalign
There are a few key reasons why dental patients specifically ask for Invisalign over metal or ceramic braces. Explore whether these reasons apply to your unique case:
- They are working professionals who are required to speak often at business meetings and conferences (the trays can be removed at will)
- They want to be able to enjoy their favorite foods that aren’t easy to eat when wearing permanent braces (like corn on the cob)
- They don’t want to experience the discomfort that is common in the early stages of wearing metal braces
- The treatment period for Invisalign is usually shorter compared to traditional braces
Interested in achieving a straight, beautiful smile?
Invisalign Aligners could be the answer for you.
Call Dr. Jeffrey Galler in Brooklyn, NY at 718-253-6605 today!